|In this issue|
|Additions to Our Office|
|Birthdays/Anniversaries Around the Office|
Our office staff will be celebrating the following birthdays:
Abby Wolfe- Assistant- July 6th
Jackie Ames- Insurance Coordinator- August 1st
Jennifer Paitel- Clinical Coordinator- September 29th
Happy Birthday to all of these staff! Also Happy Birthday to any of you celebrating birthdays July through September!
Sherrie Duoss (34 years) Financial Coordinator
Brenda Roth (12 years) Assistant
Alisha Baker (3 years) Assistant
Abby Wolfe (1 year) Assistant
We are thankful for our team and the devotion they show to our practice.
|Dental Voucher Winners/ Patients of the Month|
Thanks to everyone who asks for your dental reward voucher and then remembers to return it to us after your dental cleanings. We drew our quarterly winners for our Dental Tooth Voucher program. Our winners for the quarter of April-June: Hannah K., Logan K., Hailey M., and Keegan P..
Be sure to take your dental reward voucher with you when you get your teeth cleaned and have your dental hygienist sign the form. Then bring it back to our office and deposit it in the box at the front desk for your chance to win $25.00 cash.
PATIENT OF THE MONTH- Every month the staff at Pelsue Orthodontics chooses a patient that comes on time to appointments, brings a smile every time they walk into our office, has good oral hygiene, and follows our orthodontic recommendations.
March- Garvin V.
May- Shelby W.
|Dress Up Day Winners/Upcoming Dress Up Days|
We have a dress up day monthly that our patients and staff participate in. Dressing in whatever is chosen and our patients have a chance to win a prize. Our dress up days and winners are listed below:
April - Pelsue T-Shirt Day - Keegan Z.
May - Bright Color Day - Natalie N.
June - Baseball Day - Erin S.
These winners were able to choose a $25.00 prize. Congratulations to our contest winners!
Listed below are the upcoming dress up days. Be sure to mark your calendars and plan your appointments accordingly so that you will have a chance to participate in the fun.
July - Red, White and Blue - Tuesday, July 15th -- Show your American spirit and wear anything Red, White and/or Blue.
August - Pattern/Mismatch - Thursday, August 14th -- Wear anything mismatched or pattern.
September - School Spirit - Tuesday, September 16th -- Show off your school spirit by wearing your school colors.
|Orthodontic Treatment for All Ages|
The goal of orthodontic treatment, which may include the use of braces, retainers, or aligners, is to straighten your teeth, and if necessary, correct your bite. While patients typically begin treatment during their pre-teen or teenage years, many adults are also seeking the benefits of orthodontic treatment. Orthodontics is valuable at any age, because it addresses several important issues...
* 2 Boxes of white cake mix
*4 Drops of food coloring
*1 Cup butter
*5 Cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
*1 Tablespoon of vanilla
1) For the cake, make one box cake mix according to the directions on the box. Separate batter into 3 bowls with roughly about 1 cup of cake mix per bowl. Add desired food coloring to each bowl (purple, blue, green).
2) Bake cakes in round pans according to box instructions, but make sure you check the cake about 10 minutes before it's supposed to be done. With less mix in each pan, they can cook faster.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the remaining colors (red, orange, yellow). You will now have 6 layers of different colors.
4) For the frosting, mix together softened (room temperature) butter and softened (room temperature) cream cheese until well combined. Add vanilla. Combine. Slowly add in powdered sugar.
5) After the 5th cup of powdered sugar, taste the frosting and see if you would like it sweeter. (I tend to use the full 6 cups, but some prefer the frosting less sweet)
6) Try to level each layer of cake with a large bread knife. If all the layers are level, then they will evenly display when you cut into it.
7) Start with the PURPLE layer first. Put the purple layer on your cake stand or plate. Add enough frosting to cover the layer and some to spill over the edges, anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup of frosting. Run the flat, straight side of a knife around the cake to smooth out the edges.
8) Add the BLUE layer of the cake. Put frosting in the middle, start spreading out frosting with the flat, straight side of a knife so that it covers the cake and falls out over the edges. Then run your knife around the outside edge of the cake to smooth out the sides.
9) Put the cake into the fridge for at least 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
10) Repeat with the GREEN layer, then the YELLOW layer.
11) Put cake into the fridge for at least 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
12) Repeat with the ORANGE layer, then the RED layer.
13) Cover cake with frosting and run the flat, straight edge of a knife around the edges of the cake to smooth out the frosting.
14) Once you have finished frosting the cake, add any decorative touches that fit your occasion!!!!
|Summer Time Camping Safety|
Summer has finally arrived! All of us from Pelsue Orthodontics would like to wish you a very happy summer. The list of things to do to enjoy the nice warm days are endless! Camping, fishing, boating, riding bikes, playing sports, and don't forget fireworks on the 4th of July. Although all of these things are fun, we would like to remind you all to have safety in mind.
Safety tips for campers:
Fireworks and campfires are a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July, but you'll enjoy the holidays much more knowing that your family and your property are safe.
Happy camping and don't forget August 10th is National Smores Day!!